The mission of the American Honda Foundation (AHF) is to help meet the needs of American society in the areas of youth and scientific education by awarding grants to nonprofits, while strategically assisting communities in deriving long-term benefits.
The American Honda Foundation engages in grant making that reflects the basic tenets, beliefs and philosophies of Honda companies, which are characterized by the following qualities: imaginative, creative, youthful, forward-thinking, scientific, humanistic and innovative. We support youth education with a specific focus on the STEM (science, technology, engineering and mathematics) subjects in addition to the environment.
Nonprofit charitable organizations classified as a 501(c)(3) public charity by the Internal Revenue Service, or a public school district, private/public elementary and secondary schools as listed by the U.S. Department of Education’s National Center for Education Statistics (NCES).
To be considered for funding, organizations MUST have two years of audited financial statements examined by an independent CPA for the purpose of expressing an opinion if gross revenue is $500,000 or more. If gross revenue is less than $500,000, and the organization does not have audits, it may submit two years of financial statements accompanied by an independent CPA’s review report instead.
Geographic Scope: National
Funding Priority: Youth education, specifically in the areas of science, technology, engineering, mathematics, the environment, job training and literacy
Other Important Information:
- Organizations may only submit one request in a 12-month period. This includes colleges and universities with several departments/outreach programs
- The grant range is from $20,000 to $75,000 over a one-year period
- Proposals should be submitted online. Click here to start the online process
- No faxed applications will be accepted
- Support materials such as annual reports, pamphlets/brochures, newsletters, articles, DVDs, etc. should be mailed.
The online application process begins with an Eligibility Quiz: Click here to determine if your program/project meets the qualifications for consideration.