Nowadays, more and more nonprofit organizations are using a grant managing software to accelerate their grant seeking and applying efforts. The goal of the grants management software is to provide you with the tools your nonprofit needs in order to: find available grants, manage grant applications, improve your nonprofit’s grant-seeking activities and provide an automated system through the entire grants’ process. Most importantly, such software will save you a significant amount of time collecting your nonprofit organization’s details – mission, keys to success, current and past program activities, financials, etc.
There are lots of companies that provide Grants Management Software solutions.
When you search for one, we recommend you to:
- Create a list of all functionalities the grant management software companies are providing;
- Request a demo of their software and decide whether the platform is user-friendly;
- Find some information on how many users can access the data at the same time; options for restrictions, other specific requirements;
- Request a quote – the fees are based on the complexity of the grants management software; some software are free for the users;
- Do your due diligence – consult with other nonprofits already using a grants management software; their user experience is important for you.
How can your nonprofit benefit from a Grants Management Software?
- The platform will provide guidance through the entire grant lifecycle;
- You’ll be able to customize your views, reports, visualization (on multiple devices – laptop, i-pad, etc.) and searches;
- Track your grant applications and deadlines, budgets, volunteers, to-do lists, projects; etc.
- Set up e-mail reminders;
- Create continuation – in case some of your board members resigns, all the information remains in the system; no more lost financials or paperwork;
Furthermore, many grants management software companies are already collaborating with GuideStar and FoundationCenter, so once you update your organization’s profile in these platforms, they can automatically share the updated profile information in the grants management software your nonprofit is using.
Below are some Grants Management Software companies we found online: