As a part of our “Websites for Better Nonprofit Management” series, this week we would like to share some information on GuideStar.
GuideStar is a 501c3 organization since 1996 that collects, summarizes and presents information on nonprofits. If you are trying to publicize your nonprofit or want to provide information to potential grantors, contributors, or the public, Guidestar should be your next stop. Nonprofits may include information on their mission, vision, finances, program activities, strategies for success and other relevant information. Donors use this information to make motivated decisions for support. Nowadays, GuideStar serves as a nonprofit solution platform.
GuideStar’s website can be used by:
- Nonprofits – to promote their services and benchmark their activities with what other charities are doing;
- Donors – to review organization’s exempt purpose and decide whether to donate;
- Volunteers – to choose a nonprofit and support its charitable cause;
- Needy individuals – to find out charities in their area and ask for help;
Other services that GuideStar is offering include but are not limited to: analyzing nonprofit’s success and financial health; benchmarking nonprofit’s compensation within the nonprofit sector; providing tools for better nonprofit’s management; contributing to the integration and customization of nonprofit data into one platform; verifying whether a nonprofit is eligible for grants; etc.
How can your nonprofit benefit from GuideStar?
- You have a chance to promote your charitable cause to a larger audience;
- You can find some valuable information on grants;
- You can stay up to date with the new requirements for staying in compliance and participate in free nonprofit webinars; etc.
- You may customize your account to add financials, pictures of events, program accomplishments, etc. which can give your charity a plus when applying for grants and seeking donations.
1.7 million 501c3 organizations already registered with GuideStar. You can review their options for subscription following the link: GuideStar.